A Step-by-Step Buyer’s Guide
Many of the steps below have additional instructions. You can hover over the steps with your mouse or tap on mobile devices to see additional information. You can also download the full Homebuyer’s Guide for more details.
1. Consult with a Westhills REALTOR® that is local to the area. Discuss your family’s real estate needs and expectations.
2. Speak with a lender.
3. Go see properties!
4. You found “THE ONE!” Craft and submit an offer.
5. A ratified contract has been created…Now what?
6. Inspection & Appraisal. The buyer’s mortgage lender will order the appraisal. Buyer pays for appraisal in closing costs.
7. Choose your preferred settlement company or attorney.
8. Research and obtain Home Insurance.
9. Lender to provide final loan commitment.
10. Schedule your “walk through.” Set up utilities.
11. Review your lender’s Closing Disclosure.
12. CLOSING DAY!
13. Move in. Have a housewarming party!